From: Dennis Leas [mailto:dennis@mail.worldserver.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 1:33 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: ebay sniping

> You are forgeting about one issue no matter how you might try to be
> the last bidder it still may fail due to network and web application
> (eBay web interface) latency, so it still ends up being very random as

> to predictability of timing. Your network path to eBay could be
> swamped due to any number of issues including a DNS update to a
> router.

Yes, network latency is significant and needs to be considered.
However, I was referring to ebay's own auto proxy bidding, which I
presume runs on the their server so latency is insignificant in that
case.

Third party autobidding software definitely has to contend with
unpredictable Internet latencies.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com