Re: Lesson scale

I've taken many bass lessons from several Berklee & New England
Conservatory
alumnis (teachers & students) over the years. I usually paid between
$40-50/hour depending upon the topic ... some instructors are very lax with
time and just focus on getting you some useful information that you can
work
with until the next time you get together ... other's are clock watchers.

It also depends if you are working from existing books or they are teaching
their "own methodology" from notes etc ...

I am currently studing Jazz Arranging and pay $40/lesson, but we usually
have a 1-1/2 to 2 hour session every other week ... very loose on time,
which is great since we usually have a lot of material to cover.

My private bass lesson with John Patitucci in NYC was $125 a few years ago
... we hung out for about 2 hours and a drummer (Drummer Collective
student)
sat-in for a while.

To me, that seems to be "industry standard" ...

FWIW, well respected and talented "known" players are not necessarily good
teachers ... and many unkown, but talented players have a lot of great,
organized materials to help you become a better player ... so keep an open
mind and get together with several people until it clicks ... possibly get
personal references.