Re: Lexicon MPX G2

I'll add myself to the list of very satisfied MPX-G2 users, currently in
conjunction with two EDPs... I stopped using the R1 foot controller, partly
cos it was too damn huge and partly cos it was too damn noisy - easily
audible at the back of the venue on gigs every time you change patch!!
Don't
the makers of these things think it through?? Same for the DL4... anyway...

I've not run the EDP in the effects loop of the G2 - the only thing I had
in
there was an SWR Interstellar Overdrive for even more distortion... I'm now
back to using just the internal distortion sounds, which are pretty amazing
(Though a tube version would be nice...)

The only controllers I use are a EV-5 and a Lexicon two button footswitch
in
the back, which are assigned to different things for different patches...
the morphing effects are fantastic, being able to set up two different sets
of parameters and then morph between them either with the expression pedal
or over a time via the A/B button (front panel or footswitch)

my only real complaint with the unit is that you only have 50 user spaces,
which is ridiculous - it means I have to 'really' like a sound to keep it,
rather than storing everything I have for possible later use, and can't set
up multiple versions of the same patch for different basses or amps or
whatever... It'd be great if you could unlock the rest of the presets, as I
don't use any of them, so they sit there doing nowt.

Suffice to say, I love it.

On a completlely unrelated note, I've just bought Double Nickels On The
Dime
by The Minutemen - this is amazing, why did no-one tell me about the
Minutemen before????? I'm only 20 years late...

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk