Unsolicited Sonar MIDI clock+EDP sync revelation (for the archives)...

I am a Sonar user and the first thing I tried when I got my EDP in the mail
was to sync it to a two bar drum groove using the loop selection feature.
The EDP was getting sync, but after a couple passes through the loop it
would gradually drift off into it's own little world.  I was crushed.

I played with it more tonight and discovered that when the snap is on it
selects all the way to beat one of the next measure.  So, when you select
bars 2 and 3 to loop, the loop time actually runs from 2:1:000 to 4:1:000.
Apparently this causes some kind of disturbance in the Force causing the
EDP
to gradually fall out of sync with the sequencer.  The solution is to
manually edit the end loop time to be X:4:959 where 'X' is the last bar you
want to loop through (so, for the preceeding example loop start time would
be 2:1:000 and end time would be 3:4:959).  This sends the transport back
the first measure in the loop without getting a double sync signal,  i.e.
getting 4:1:000 and 2:1:000 one tick apart, which is what I would assume
was
causing the drift in the EDP.

Hope somebody finds this useful someday.

-Jesse