Re: electric sitars

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Smart" <mwsmart@insightbb.com>

> I modified my Jerry Jones model sitar and have put up a page about it if
anyone is interested:

> http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/sitar/sitar

The mini Grovers must be very nice.

Every raga is (should) be tuned differently, so it's a real pain
in the ass to retune an acoustic sitar or sarod. My friend
Lisa Moskow had a luthier convert an acoustic sarod into
an electric sarod and one of the cooler improvements
was changing the tuners. Instead of playing long improvisations
around one tuning, she can play many shorter pieces and
change the tuning for each one. Much more flexible.

* David Beardsley
* microtonal guitar
* http://biink.com/db