Re: slightly ot: the quest for a groovebox

Thanks Jon!  Yeah, I have a 307.  It's OK.  I got it fairly cheap and it's
got
some pretty cool features, and some good sounds.  Some crappy sounds too.
Sometimes you want crappy sounds.  Nothing like the sound of a casiotone
to get
you on a dancefloor.

Would I buy one again?  Probably not.  Didn't go with the eTribe machines,
because they don't do odd meters.  For cheap, the 307 was the way to go (I
think I paid around $400 for it)  I have a love/hate relationship with it.
 If
it could do undo while playing (the 505 does) that would be sweet.  I like
some
of it's real time controllers.  I'd also like to be able to assign
instruments
to multiple outputs like my old Ensonic TS-10 (Ensonic is not Emu) did
(four
outs).  However, it's a 10th the weight of that monolith.

I also had a love hate relationship to the TS-10, but it was by far one of
the
most intuitive, easy to program sequencers EVER.  Problem with it was the
floppy drive was some dumb ass proprietary format.  Going from keyboard to
computer was not easy.  Also, you couldn't use any computer based editor on
it.  Blach.

I often think of moving on from the MC-307, but I'm really not sure if
there's
much out there that would totally trounce it (in that price range.  The EMU
Command station was around a grand when I got my 307, but now I see it's
about
$700.  Is it $300 better?  I don't know, but knowing me I'll find out one
day
in an eBay extravaganza.

Mark