Tubes! They do a ____ good! (was Re: Info on Hughes & Kettner Replex

I've also noticed that almost *all* my favorite guitar gear has real
tubes it it.  I've been toying around with the idea of getting an
inexpensive ART tube preamp for a while, mainly to warm up synths and
drum machines.  While I'm loving my new Lexicon MPX G2, I do admit that
while usable, the "preamp/speaker cab models" do sound a bit cold.
There are also a bunch of tube distortion pedals I've been looking at as
well.  I'd love to hear about the experiences of other loopers on this
topic.

Mark Sottilaro