OT: Squarepushers breakbeat rig

Ernesto Shnack wrote:

""Tom has a bedroom studio with a DR-660 drum machine, AKAI S-950 sampler, 8
track reel-to-reel, bass guitar and instruments, occasional borrowed
equipment and assorted synths -- when I spoke to him a few months back he
was planning to buy a computer assoon as cash comes in"

Wow,  that is so impressive. It is nice to know that someone that creative, productive and innovative is not using the most expensive equipment.
For years I used an Alesis SR16 to trigger my AKAI S-950
sampler as my drum machine..........although as a professional drummer I would frequently just drum acoustically.

I love the sound that the AKAI S-950 imparts to drums in particular.  I still have a really extensive collection of samples for that beast and ended up using it for drums far more than my tricked out EMU ESI4000 until I got into computer editing.

rick walker