Re: OT: surround

If you run any stereo audio program though an analog Dolby Surround sound
processor, you'll end up with an approximation of surround sound.
Depending on phase relationships between the left and right channels,
frequencies will get put to the rear channels.  It works pretty good for
some music, but I kind of feel it ruins some tracks.  Check it out, your
mileage will vary.  Most surround sound recievers will also have a kind of
fake surroundsoundizer which is often called "theatre" or "hall".  More or
less the same effect.

Mark Sottilaro