EDP LoopIV SUSMute question...

EDP Gurus-

The SUS commands are supposed to be available at any time via DirectMIDI,
regardless of the settings of the EDP parameters in regards to
quantization,
correct?  They're supposed to function as sustained button press commands,
right?  That would only make sense...  But Mute is not working as I would
think it should if this were the case.

I am syncing to MIDI clock from a sequencer, 168BPM.  Quantize=CYC,
8ths/Cycle=8, Sync=In, MuteMode=Cnt, SamplerStyle=StA, Source#=36,
LoopTrig#=84.

I trigger loop 1 (previously recorded) with note #84, and four bars later I
want the sequencer to mute every other eighth note of the loop while it
continues to play.  I thought I would just put in some SUSMute commands on
the EDP control track, but when it hits those SUSMutes it goes into "ooo"
mode and never mutes, even through eight SUSMutes (note #54) seperated by
eighth notes.

I think I would rather keep things synced to CYC, but if I have to change
8th mode, then I guess I will.

-J