Re: EDP LoopIV SUSMute question

> But Mute is not working as I wouldthink it should if this were the
>case.I
am
> syncing to MIDI clock from a sequencer, 168BPM.
>Quantize=CYC,8ths/Cycle=8,
> Sync=In, MuteMode=Cnt, SamplerStyle=StA, Source#=36,LoopTrig#=84.I
>trigger
> loop 1 (previously recorded) with note #84, and four bars later Iwant
>the
> sequencer to mute every other eighth note of the loop while itcontinues
> play.  I thought I would just put in some SUSMute commands onthe EDP
control
> track, but when it hits those SUSMutes it goes into "ooo"mode and never
mutes,
>  even through eight SUSMutes (note #54) seperated byeighth notes.

Well try it with Quant = OFF
At the moment your EDP is in Quantise=CYC, with means that
Mute will be quantised to a cycle length, (hence 000 waiting for
the end of cycle).

Quant=8th might work, but probably won't mute at the right time
(unless the SUSMutes are placed a bit early in the sequence)

Or better still, send MIDI volume CCs instead (0=Mute, 128 = full),
which will allow you to have any rhythmic Mutes you like
however you set Quantise.

andy butler