Re: Texture

Mr Powell, for most of his music and with utopia and todd, even when he'd
use what appeared to be a factory made synth (even before midi) had
actually
modified the keyboard to provide way more control than midi using a digital
bus of his own design running the cable to a software synths of his own
design.

though texture was cryptic, it was brilliant and way way more versatile
than
anything in it's time.

This is a really really creative and brilliant man.

As and aside:  Utopia at the Greek theater in berkeley 1979, the band
switched instruments moving each song, cycling through all of them.
Unforgettably cool thing to do.