Dragging Instruments

Personally,  I don't see the big deal about dragging
instruments around.

All my life I've wanted to play the sounds in my head and
now I finally can do it.  I do this because I want to, not because the
pay is good or the schlepp light.

I know that I'm a pain in the ass for anyone who tours with me
(longer set up and breakdown times), but personally, I love
taking a lot of 'options' to a gig with me.

The only caveat is that it all must fit in my Saturn (which has
a surprising amount of space in it (I can take a portable p.a., mixer,
small drumkit, basses, guitars, keyboards and a zillion small 'found
objects
and just barely fit in myself.........LOL

In the case of electronics, however, if you can accomplish the same things
with software that you can with hardware (and that seems problematic after
this last discussion (Ableton's live thread) I say more power to you.

Rick Walker