Re: To DJ or not to DJ - that is the question

I, for one, am very interested in hearing the results.  When ever I
play a dance show I notice that DJs seem to get much the same response
that I get, yet lug much less.

I guess what I'm saying is, if I play out I want to entertain the
audience.  A huge part of that for me *is* having fun while I'm doing
it.  When it's a struggle to hear what you're doing, or move your gear
in and out of a venue, your fun can be squelched.  Matthias mentioned
that "... I just cannot imagine having fun without holding a string or
touching some sensible surface... but thats me..."  What do you mean by
"sensible surface"?  The Pioneer CD player I spoke of (
http://www.djtools.com/pioncdinstoc.html ) seems to be a sensible
surface in my opinion.  I've spent hours "performing" my Roland MC-307.
  One of the reasons I bought is was because it was designed to be
played (as are the trend in such devices).  If you spent some time with
the Pioneer CD player I spoke of, you'd see the same possibilities.

I *love* playing my guitar.  I do it every day.  Do I need to do it in
a performance situation?  I don't think so... or at the least, I should
be more discrimination in when it's appropriate to bring it into the
world.  If the performance is the focus, I say yes.  If the focus is
socializing and dancing, I maybe think no.

Mark Sottilaro