The benefit of both...

Its going to be really hard for a laptoper to beat a
band that is sweating and grooving together live!When
the groove is locked so tight between human beings its
almost like a voodoo santeria ritual, which draws
people into it.You can inject variations and dynamics
when you feel the chemestry rising something machines
will never accomplish.When i hear the old James Brown
records it still sends shivers down my spine!
Also when i play live and see the people dancing and
enjoying our music there is an energy feedback which
is very satisfying and hard to beat.I´ve seen guys
playing shows only with laptops but as an expectator
you definetively cannot expect to be moved by it.I
think adapting electronics to your live music is where
the secret is without letting electronics rule
you.That is why loop devices seem more exciting to me
because they feel more live and tend to record your
human mistakes than programmed sequencers, although
ive seen artists like Bowie and Peter Gabriel live do
an excellent job with them.
L.a

=====
www.labalou.com