BORING ART AND JUDGEMENT.... The End

Please forgive my earlier rant.

I try religiously not to get into aesthetic arguments
because after all, who the fuck is right, anyway?

I was just feeling really sensitive about this stupid
Iraq situation and acted really reactively to Das' post.

Anyway,   I'm in the give the artist the benefit of the doubt,
'there is no us and them, there's only us'  school and, you know what?
Most of the world doesn't agree with me and I'm not going to change them
and
they certainly aren't going to change me.

I, like anyone on this list, have extremely strong likes and dislikes in
art
myself and, yes, of course, I didn't love or resonate with every
performance
at the Y2K2 LOOPFESTIVAL last year, but I really dug that everybody gave it
their all..............everybody rooted for everybody else to
succeed..............everybody worked hard to help each other on and off
the
stage............everybody, essentially, gave everybody the benefit of the
doubt..........from the loop sophisticates to the loop newbies.

I just would rather live in a world where people treated each other like
that magical weekend,  as imperfect as it was, musically, to some people.
Call me naive.  Decide that I"m just a mindless, undifferentiating,
drooling
hippy.......I don't care..........It's what I believe.

This is my last post on the subject I promise.

No hard feelings Das, I hope.

yours, Rick Walker