Re: today, the moment of truth

> So, did anyone finnish writing that software looper for PocketPC or Palm
> Yet?

Now that's something worth talking about!

Remember that scene in "2001": the transport descending to the Moon's
surface, a pair of people in suits on a ridge performing what may have been
a survey - this is even on the soundtrack album cover (though in CD form
who
could see it?!?) - and in the hands of one of them, a tablet, with
real-time
stats/artwork appearing as we watch.  I recall also that a PEN was being
used for the interface.

At age 11 I saw that and said to myself, "THAT'S what I want."  Well, I
knew
then it was just sfx, but the idea... <homer>mmmm, graphical pad...
</homer>

A software looping app - to say nothing of high quality sound i/o - would
make it far more attractive to plunk down the cash for a Palm or its
equivalent.

Steve Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*