Re: gear question...old school yamaha stuff

Evan-
    You wrote:
> anyone know anything about:
>
> - yamaha mt44 multi-track cassette recorder (4track)
>       and the
> - yamaha mm30 mixer

I bought both when these were the bees' knees for multitrack recording. The
MT-44 bit the dust about five years ago and replacement parts were
non-existant. I just left the deck with the repair tech, who presumably
tossed it in the dumpster, or refurbished it and is now selling it ;-) My
quick vote would be, unless it's in tip-top shape and being sold for next
nothing, don't go there.
    And the MM-30 is pretty cheezy by today's standards. Very small range
of
usable response, terrible digital echo, minimal tone controls. very good in
it's time, but dwarfed by Mackie, Behringer, et al. Again, unless it's a
gift, you don't want to step in that.
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
coyotelk@optonline.net