Vortex?

High;

I'm new to the list and very glad to have found this list. I won't go into
the long drawn out introduction here and now. I'd just like some opinions.
I borrowed a Lexicon Vortex for the weekend with the idea of maybe
purchasing it. The price is reasonable even though no pedals or
footswitches are included. So i got it into my studio where i hooked it up
with a couple of other pedals i use regularly. The routing is like this:

instrument to Zoom Bfx708 (multi effects pedal), mono out from Zoom to
Vortex, stereo out from Vortex into stereo in of Line 6 Delay Modeler,
stereo out from Line six to two channels of the hard disk recorder

So i've recorded over three hours of improvisations with the Vortex and
have (so far) come to the conclusion that it isn't doing anything that i
couldn't do with my Delay Modeler and the BFX708. I downloaded the .pdf
manual for the Vortex and read it. Good manual. Still, i heard far more
interesting stuff when i bypassed the Vortex and fooled around with the
BFX
and Delay Modeler.

Any opinions, ideas or suggestions?

Thanks;

Jair-Rôhm Parker Wells

Glass Thought Communications
"Records for people to listen to at home."
+46 708 940893