Re: Vortex?

Jair-Rôhm Parker Wells,

As for your vortex questions (and I own two of them). I would
say that without any CV pedals (I use Boss EV-5s) to control
the "morphing" aspect of its capabilities the box really would
not be all that outstanding (IMHO). A footswitch for "tap"
tempo is pretty essential too. I would go even further to say
that the unit really doesn't become super-amazing until you
take the plunge and start editing some of the patches.
Then and only then does it become the truly wicked, wicked
thing that its cult of fans know it for. Right out of the box and
with nothing but the knobs and buttons for control it's bound
to inspire only slight interest, maybe even a few yawns. Dig
just a little deeper and you will be very well rewarded by some
really sick, twisted and terrifying stuff (it does some "pretty"
effects too BTW).

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

ArsOcarina@aol.com