Re:recording gear

Last week, someone suggested (I think it was
Scott Hansen) that I check out the Fostex MR8
reveiws on Harmony Central, in response to my
query about said piece of gear. Well, I couldn't
find them. The only reviews I could find were for
guitars, basses, effects, synths, and software.
Are the recording gear reviews hidden someplace
else?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the
Fostex VF80? In light of Scott's comments about
the recording time limitation of the MR8 (if you
only get 3 minutes of 8 track operation, what do
you have to do to get the advertised 25 minute
length?), I'm not considering the VF80, but I'm
wondering what kind of limitations this piece of
gear has (you can probably only get full function
of the thing for about 2 minutes). It's a little
more expensive, but the additional recording time
(the Sam Ash site claims you can get 6 hours of
recording time) may be worth it, as I require the
ability to improvise and work in longer time
durations than 3 minutes. Hey, I'm not Anton
Webern over here! :-)

=====
May you never thirst!
The Scuba Diver Presently Known As Chris

"What do you get when you give a yo-yo to a flock of flamingos?"-James
Earl Jones