Re: EDP cost/promotion/etc and some figures for thought

No apology needed, but thank you.  Let us never speak of this again!

How about the one that already seems to have taken hold?  Glitchcore!
It's a winner IMO.  Does it totally describe everything you do?  NO.
However, it's a catchy easy to remember phrase, and that's way more
important for getting your stuff out there.  After a gig a friend who'd
never seen me said, "Oh you kind of remind me of Electro-Fleetwood Mac"
  What!!?  I don't know if any of you have heard my music, but I can't
imagine how anyone could come up with that, and I don't even like
Fleetwood Mac all that much and surely have never listened to them all
that much.  Anyway, I knew by the way he said it that he liked
Fleetwood Mac and this was a complement.  I smiled and said thank you.
He came to my show, so how could I be mad?

I just thought of something that happened at work recently.  One of our
clients, a huge biotech company, needed a logo to match the word we had
come up for their campain: Momentum.  The logo that they picked was
pretty attractive, however, IMO, it showed "Momentum" the worst of all
the logos we showed them.  I didn't take it personally, we gave them
the logo they wanted and took their money.

I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes the labels come from your
audience, and you pretty much have little choice but to sit back and be
glad that people are thinking enough about you to call what your doing
anything.

Mark Sottilaro