[looper's] new toy

Title: [looper's] new toy

any of you seen the kellar jam-bass? (www. jambass.com)
I just got one, largely because I thought it was such a mad unexpected idea that I just had to try it. upon closer investigation, it would seem that the thing has great potential as a midi controller for those of us using guitars or basses with our looping devices.

the unit has built-in bass and percussion sounds triggered by the strips of membrane pads that are attached (by sticky stuff) to the back of y'r guitar neck. (they are positioned in two rows to coincide with the frets beneath the E and A strings of a regular-scale guitar).

it also has midi-out, and transmits a limited selection of PC's on channel one, corresponding to some GM bass sounds.
I suspect there's a way of generating other PC's but I'll have to have a play with it....

so it doesn't seem like a great leap to have mr kellar re-write the midi bit with (more easily) user-configurable PC's to drive one's repeater (say). at the moment, the manual suggests relocating your favourite effects patches/presets (in a pod, say, or other midi box) so that the jambass can "find" them with it's existing implementation of PC's...

but so anyway, I haven't taken it home and tried it yet. can't wait!

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe