Re:RE: Getting rid of the Vortex...

> another thing's for certain which I think you discovered or rediscovered
>  just now: the instrument a Vortex works best with is an electronic drum
>  machine. Im still really bugged by the fact that my Vortex started
>acting
up
>  in a way that when I write a patch to one of the locations, if I then
recall
>  that patch it only contains...chaos. What is actually nice about this
>  function is that you get effects you won't get out of your vortex
>otherwise
>  (like statistic sound generation from background noise), but on the
>other
>  hand, being able to save own creations was a cool feature
>nevertheless...
>
>  So if there's anyone out there owning two functional Vortexes who would
like
>  to trade one for a John-Cage-Vortex, let me know.
>
>   Rainer

I think they all do that if you save a certain preset (14?) to
register 1B, or something like that
(can you post the exact combination?)

The workaround is to save to a different register.

When you've created the Cage-Patch you can morph to
and from it! (with a pedal), although the Cage-patch has a lot of gain.

andy butler
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortex.htm">Lexicon Vortex
Database
</A>