Re: [Paris Loopfest] I probably wont be here :(

I'm really sorry to here that Stuart... not that I've ever been to
France, but it's sad to hear any situation anywhere where musicians get
the shaft in favor of a CD player.  Don't even get me started about how
I feel about "DJs" who claim to be artists (or just act that way) when
in fact they substitute intimacy with their record collection for real
creativity.  Again, this is not to disparage DJs who are actually doing
sound collage and creating a unique musical experience by combining
different sources.

My way of dealing with a similar bent in the states is to totally
separate my money making endeavors from my music making endeavors.
I've never been happier.  Good luck.

mark