RE: Repeater HELP ME PLEASE! !!!!!

Firstly, I'd recommend checking out the manual available online:
http://www.electrixpro.com/support/manuals.html

> could someone who has used the repeater tell me the following.
> When using my EDP I am used to altering the feedback of the
> loop as its
> playing, can u do this with the repeater?

You can only alter feedback while recording in Overdub mode.  If you Mute
the input to the Repeater somehow (so no audio is being fed to it; you have
to use a mixer or something before the Repeater's input to do this), engage
Overdub mode (or already be in it, easy to do, you could just leave this ON
or engage at whim with a push of a button or sending the appropriate Midi
CC
or PC message from the controller of your choice), and then engage Record,
then yes, you would be able to manipulate the feeback (for any and all
tracks engaged for recording, but only tracks so engaged) while it was
'playing'.  You would effectively be recording nothing except the noise
floor of the device on top of the existing material, but this approach
would
probably work, though not as cleanly as the EDP.  Haven't tried it myself,
but now I will ... ;-)

> Does the repeater user interface work in such a way as to allow you to
> create 4 independent loops live without stopping playback.
> Can you then
> reverse, fade, individual loops again without stopping
> anything, i.e. is it
> like owning four independent loopers in sync.

It's actually 4 'tracks' to 1 'loop'.  Many functions (pitch, pan, volume,
fx send, record) can operate on a per track basis.  So you could fade
in/out
individual tracks.  Other functions (Reverse, play, loop length, etc.)
affect all 4 tracks equally, by design.  It is NOT the equivalent of 4
INDEPENDENT loopers in sync.  It's more of an interactive, real-time (more
or less with some things) 4-track recorder that loops.

> Does the repeater have an equivalent of the INSERT function of an EDP.

Not entirely, and not nearly as sophisticated.  You can turn Overdub off
and
engage Record, it will overwrite any already existing material on the
selected track(s) with the input signal, but you cannot engage/disengage
Record in a rapid fashion at all times.  Under certain circumstances,
Record
may not engage or disengage immediately (due to having to rewrite memory
when a loop was multiplied and new material was added, for example, the
Repeater will need to 'write out' the remainder of the loop until it comes
back around again).  You could, however, control feedback with a pedal or
(for more precise and extreme variances) footswitches in order to bring the
Record Feedback level rapidly from one level to another.  Of course, this
operates like normal feedback, after the output, so you wouldn't hear the
changes until the loop came back around again.

> Does anyone have any opinions on whether it is better to have
> two EDPS or
> one EDP and a Repeater???

I would recommend the two EDP approach for your stated purposes.
Specifically if:

- you want a supported product ;-)
- you don't want to learn a new product with a different looping paradigm,
or don't have time to
- you need/want another looper that explicitly supports features only in
the
EDP

The Repeater is an almost completely different device from the EDP.  I like
it, I use it, you can do some things with it that you can't, or can't as
easily, do on any other hardware looper.  I rather unhappy that it's not
supported, and would not get another one for that reason (unless I wanted
have a hot spare on hand).  If you want to play with a different looping
paradigm, with it's own delights and troubles (and don't mind owning an
unsupported product ;-), then sure.

> ARRRGGGGHHHH
> the stress of trying to find a looper
> cheers