Re: Volume pedals

On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 05:39  AM, Matthias Grob wrote:
> oh yes, never use a volume pedal directly after a passive instrument!
> place it after some stomp box so a pot value below 100kOhm can be used.

I tell you, I've always loved the sound of active EMG pickups, and I
guess this is yet another benefit.  That and the Transtrem were the
reasons I went for a Steinberger guitar, and stay with it.  I guess the
other reason I haven't been hearing the frequency rolloff is because I
never use a volume pedal after the instrument anyway.  At the very
worst I put it in an effects loop.

Mark