Pedal Response with Echoplex Digital Pro using "In" Loop Mode

Hi all--
I bought a Boss FV-50L pedal to use with my EDP.  Haven't used it much as I
use MIDI to control my loops--but then I discovered the "In" mode and liked
it--but I find that the response curve isn't right in this mode.  What's
funny is that the curve is fine in the Loop Mode--shows the right response
on the display--but there isn't a display in most of the other modes, and I
can tell by listening that the input is only really happening at the end of
the throw of the 50L.  What gives?
Gary