Re: Admin query

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. My filter
catches everything from LD and dumps it into my LD
folder with no problems -- the only thing it doesn't
catch is the mass mails that are sent to LD which I
personally don't like. I also don't like people that
respond to the digest without clarifying which post
they are replying to but that's another story -- I
just take the loss on the mass mails the filter
doesn't catch -- Life goes on if I miss one  :)

One thing you guys may want to do is change your
subscription to the digest form. That's a pretty solid
and consistent header.

--- das <das@ubuibi.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > are shown the door fairly quickly, and there is
> lots of information
> > passed around about all things looping related.
> >
> > I know fully well how to use mail filters and do
> use them for some
> > purposes, but I prefer for all of my music related
> e-mail to go to my
> > inbox. As my account gets more and more spam
> e-mails that have subject
> > lines that resemble some of the subject lines for
> this list it becomes
> > increasingly difficult to sort out threads.
> >
> > So thank you for bringing this up. You shouldn't
> have to appologize for
> > revisiting old ground here when it is a persistant
> problem that annoys
> > more than a few subscribers.
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > Paul Marshall wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Loopers
> > >
> > > I am regularly unsubscribed by the from the list
> because I bounce mails that
> > > I believe to be spam. I use a prog called
> Mailwasher.  I receive maybe 100
> > > spam messages a day and I check them at the
> server to accept or bounce.
> > >
> > > Usually I can tell which are LD posts because it
> says so in the TO column.
> > > However when there is a post where LD is in the
> CC or one of a list of
> > > recipients then it displays an unrecognisable
> e-mail addy and I bounce it
> > > believing it to be someone wanting to enlarge my
> breasts or something :).
> > > LOL
> > >
> > > I scan my mails carefully before deleting but
> the volume of traffic, the
> > > variety of subject headers and number of
> subscribers here means that posts
> > > can and do get deleted in error.  I was
> unsubscribed again tonight when I
> > > bounced the post from Jeff Lomas with the
> Subject of 'Accidental performance
> > > tomorrow' where LD was part of a list of
> addressees.  Mailwasher showed the
> > > first addressee only and I bounced it. I don't
> want to have to open every
> > > mail to check obviously.
> > >
> > > Ok so I know this is a limitation of Mailwasher
> but is anyone else having
> > > this difficulty.  All of the other fora I
> participate in to varying degrees
> > > have some sort of a header to identify
> [Loopers-delight] kind of thing.  I
> > > understand that this isn't a yahoo group and
> different approaches apply.
> > >
> > > Anyone have a workaround or a best way?
> > >
> > > I'm still ruminating on the percussionist
> loopers thread, thanks to all for
> > > the replies, I'll post again tomorrow.  Love the
> forum guys.  Cheers.
> > > Thanks Kim
> > >
> > > Paul
> > > ----------------------
> > > Paul Marshall
> > > Portfolio Sound Artist
> > > http://www.powerhaus.net
> > > http://www.drumdojo.com
> > > http://www.differentdrums.co.uk
> > > NI Facilitator for the Da Capo Foundation
> > > www.dacapo.co.uk
> > > **Drumdojo Recommended Reading For April 2003**

~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%
> >   Visit the the home of Hebephrenic, The Hot
> Buttered Elves, & Sunshine
> >

> http://www.tapehissrecordings.com
> >
> >           and our sites at the world's largest
> online cut-out bin