Re: Dig if U will our live looping flame war

on 5/31/03 5:36 PM, altruist@earthlink.net at altruist@earthlink.net wrote:

> So if Mark feels that we're all
> generally operating in the same stylistic territory at these shows, that
> says to me that our commonalities are being highlighted at the
> expense of giving our individual voices the room to really shine.

Or perhaps it's the stark contrast with Richard Zvonar's work. ;-)

But really, you've all shown that with minor tamings of your more extreme
impulses, you can successfully perform as an ensemble. You may feel that
you've been severely repressing yourself to make it work. Your solo sets
haven't really suggested that.

If anyone seems repressed in the ensemble situations, it's probably Rick
who
seems forced to step back from the "gee, doesn't this sound neat" element
of
some of his solo performances.

Mark