A message from Stuart Wyatt

Stuart Wyatt asked me to forward this to the list for him.
I, myself, feel fully committed to Loopers Delight but I wish
all the success and acceptance in the world to Stuart who I will
be performing with in Paris sometime very soon.

yours, Rick Walker

letter from Stuart Wyatt,

I've had a lot of people email me offlist asking me to stay subscribed,
but I'm going to go out and 'find myself' for a bit, and to do that, I
cant have any negative external influences. I have my own philosophies
and ideas with regards to music, looping and spirituality, and I have
found that I do not understand them enough to be able to share them
properly.  I cannot explain to other people or argue my point of view
when I dont understand fully my own experiences. I'm fed up of putting
my foot in my mouth.

So, I'm moving to the UK next week and will be free for the first time
in 3.5 years. In Paris, I have no space to play... I actually get to
play my violin just a few times each month. My apartment here is too
noisy and claustrophobic to get into my looping trance... also, the
street is not welcoming of me or my music any more and is making it
very difficult to find any solitude. I have so much untapped musical
energy inside me that I feel as though I am going to explode. I
rehearse and play in my head...only in my head... 24 hours a day in a
virtual internal personal studio. I want to channel that back through
the violin. I want people to be able to hear what I am talking about.

I feel as though I have a long and interesting journey ahead of me. As
from next week, I will be without internet access, and will enter a
cellar room for two weeks. I have the sea 100m away from me and a
private garden to relax in.

I'm cutting all ties for two weeks.

When I come back from this journey, I'll resub, and I'll be willing to
share my experiences. I will stay only if I am given 100% acceptance
for my ideas, nothing less will do. You don't have to agree with my
ideas, but you just accept that my ideas are mine, and work for me,
maybe me alone. However, if one fraction of an idea inspires another
looper to create and spawn new branches of their music, then it will be
all worth while. There has been far too much analysing, arguing,
flaming and narrow mindedness on this list lately.

Finally, "LIVE LOOPING" is here to stay, so you had all better get used
to it. Its not a mutually exclusive group - just a mindset that a
growing number of loopers are finding an afinity with. It is just a
name that is being given to a certain style of music. I have to correct
myself and say that it *IS* a style of music. I never understood it
until I heard some mp3's of some artists who are calling themselves
Live Loopers, and read the posts of other LD'ers.

How many of you have actually listened to a selection on 'Live Looping'
music from a number of different artists?

Live looping exists. It is here to stay. It can only benefit the
looping community and LD.

Its late. I have a lot of packing and organising to do. Take care
everyone. I'll be back,

- Stuart Wyatt
   http://solostring.com