Echoplex DP - where???

I'd really love to get my hands on one of the Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex
Digital Pro's that seems to get raved about.  Problem is, I can't find one
for less than 750$, and I'm a poor college student.  Searching of the list
comes up with messages from 1996/7 about Nadine's selling them for 500$, if
this is still a deal can someone post the phone number?? (internet
searching
has failed).

Otherwise, what's the best price/source of the elusive beast?

I wish I could find more information about looping... I don't know a lot of
the technical buzzwords, I feel pretty lost about this whole thing.