a historic show!

Hi friends!

We just came back from a unique show on the rooftop of the Culture
house of Stockholm, where Per, me, Per Åhlin on noise (Korg
modular...), Matthias Nord on Reason live programmed drumming, Gustaf
Hielm of Meshuggah with his funky 8 string bass and a Roland looper
and Jair-Rôhm Parker Wells bowed upright bass and DL4, so that makes
six and we did not create any confusion but two hours of very
colorfull and humorous sound, smoothly morphing between groovy beats
and spacy folclore and we had a lot of fun doing it. Probably the
best show I ever participated! And I recorded a long file of perfect
silence of it, not even a photo we have, only 30 sec of video as a
watching musician friend promissed.
Maybe you just have to believe it.

I am pretty drunk after two beers and a lot of amazing talk to
Jair-Rôhm, its just marvelous to hang out with real old masters...

But I am still sober enough to tell you: You can do it! Just loop
away a lot through all the styles, call a spirit with some notes and
let it run your instrument with all respect and joy! - and dont
forget to reduce feedback when your done with a scene, the next will
come for sure!
And its not like playing any common kind of music by using a
different tool, it definitally turnes out differently, how ever you
want to characterize and name it! Its like riding a horse: Although
it takes you to the same place, its more than just quicker walking!
Repetition brings Security!

This was the perfect final party for a marvelous tour that Per
oranized well and that paied itself and although there was no big
number of public, important people came and we convinced many of what
we are doing and the sun was out over this awesome and peacefull
country and we received more energy than we spent...

We all believe there is more to come next year...
Matthias
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org