RE: MIDI looping (again)

> I'm trying to narrow my wish list for a
> MIDI looper in the hope that
> something will actually meet these
> needs/desires...

I can make you something like this with the Looper Construction Kit but it
would require a computer and Kyma system of course.

(1), (2) and (3) are no problem.  I can't easily give you overdubbing but I
can give you a good replacement (so that's (4) and (5)).  I can give you
multiply, too, without overdubbing (6).  Multiple loops (7) is no problem.

I haven't played around on a SP-808 much so I'm uncertain as to how their
phrase playback works.

Probably the trickest issue is a good control surface.  The key, as you
state, is good visual feedback.  What kind of visual feedback would you
like?

Kyma has a Virtual Control Surface on the computer screen where you can
create various visual feedback elements.  (I use "fill buttons" a lot to
simulate LEDs.  They change color with their state (ON/OFF).)  You could
try
out different types of visual feedback indicators, then use some of the DIY
MIDI kits to make it in hardware.  Ideally, the indicators would clamp like
a meter bridge to an existing footpedal like the FCB-1010 forming one unit.

Food for thought...

Dennis Leas
dennis@mail.worldserver.com