Echo Pro question/problem

Hi,

I've finally bought myself an Echo Pro and am having a problem with it
that I
am sure is a fault but thought I'd check if anyone else has come across
it...

The problems both relate to the looper's own delay line. I can't get the
delay
to work in 'real time' (I've used a DL4 for years so know the way it
works) -
there is no delay applied to the dry signal when I play into it before
recording a loop or when in record mode. The delay-related controls  within
the
looper have absolutely no effect upon the dry signal, however, the delay is
applied only to the recorded loop upon playback - this is of course
rediculous
and intensely irritating. The other thing is that the delays when they do
appear, (applied to the loop on playback) are not in sync with the MIDI
clock
(the main delay programmes all work perfectly in sync and I have the system
set
up for clocking to MIDI. A while ago, Line6 told me that the Looper's
delay is
also syncable to MIDI.

I can only deduce that I have a faulty unit. Has anybody else had this
problem,
and is there any system control that I've missed?

I'll take it back to the shop on Monday but wanted to check that its not
me!

Thanks in anticipation of confirmation/advvice.

Ian.