Re: urgent question-- DL4 vs. echo pro??

--- dylan <dylanhassinger@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hey loopers,
>
> i have an opportunity tomorrow to score the Line6
> echo pro
> for a great price. i've been planning on getting a
> DL4;
> should I get the echo pro instead if I can get it
> for the
> same price?? what's the difference between the two
> units?

I wouldn't buy the Echo Pro based on its midi sync
capabilities. It will not sync in loop mode &, from
what I hear, syncs badly in delay mode. The selling
point for the Echo Pro would be the extended loop
time & the ability to store up to 99 delay presets.
You can only store 3 on the DL4.

The selling point for the DL-4 would be its compact-
ness. The only thing you might need to add is an
expression pedal. With the Echo Pro, I believe you
would need a midi pedalboard for even the simplest
operations.

I think you'll have fun with either one you get.
I have a DL-4, but would probably buy the Echo Pro
if I were shopping today.

John

=====
John Tidwell