Re: good places to play loops in NYC?

>I'm going to be in NYC for all of July. Since I'm there, I'd like perform
>my
>looping stuff if possible but I've only played medium to large rock clubs
>in
>NY! Does anyone know of anything equivalent to SF's Luggage Store Gallery
>or
>the like?

I'm not too sure what the Luggage Store Gallery is.

You can always play at open loop, to be sure, http://loopNY.com,
and Stv Jns who runs that space Chama is almost certainly open to
booking gigs.

In fact, something I sent someone before on this:

At 3:33 PM -0500 3/7/03, Tom Ritchford wrote:

>Share  http://www.share.dj
>Halcyon http://halcyonline.com
>Phonomena <http://www.phonomena.com>http://www.phonomena.com
>
>The place that I do open loop is also up for concerts
>informally -- you can get more time but they have
>zero walk-in crowd, perhaps not so good for people
>from elsewhere...
>
>Chama http://gargoylemechanique.com/chama
>

>You can certainly mention my name, they all
>know who I am.
>

>Here are some venues which are perhaps more
>established (and thus don't know who
>I am! <grin>).  These places will be
>harder to book I think.
>
>Phil Niblock/Experimental Intermedia  http://experimentalintermedia.org

[Phil's away for the summer]

>Roulette  http://roulette.org
>Tonic http://tonic107.com
>Knitting Factory http://knittingfactory.com

Good luck!  Let me know if I can help...

     /t
--

http://loopNY.com ......................An "open loop": shows every
Saturday!