Re: Echoplex, loop IV questions

  Hey Terry, yes, the manuals can definitely be a tough read, and the
over-all complexity level is way high!   <smile>   I've spent many a night
being TADA! Insomnia Girl! poring over them.   lol!   I tend to learn
things quickly though, and am wonderfully lucky to know some very
knowledgable people.   <smile>   -you know who you are...
  anyway, I hope yer' doing well figuring out the plex...   Talk with ya
soon, K?

Nighters,

Cara

  At 10:47 PM 6/11/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Cara,
>
>Thanks for the info.
>
>I've actually read the echoplex manual, the loop IV
>manual, and the PMC10 manual all completely through 3
>times each in the last week.
>
>The echoplex and loop IV can be a bit complicated even
>afer reading the manuals. Especially when almost every
>function does several different things depending on
>what you hit next, and how you have your presets set
>up.
>
>By the way is there any place we could download Kim's
>new 300+ page echoplex pro plus manual as a pdf file?
>
>I've programmed the PMC10 to access every single
>function in the echoplex and I am in the process of
>going through each of them to see what they do.
>
>I've also set up different presets in the echoplex.
>
>I couldn't really hear a difference in some of the
>quantized and round modes. Possibly I was playing and
>switching exactly where the quantization or rounding
>would happen anyway. I'll try hitting them a bit off
>and see what happens.
>
>Quantize on a drum machine will actually put the beats
>the same distance apart (if it's set to do that). I
>take it that quantize on the echoplex will not put a
>series of notes all exactly the same distance apart?
>
>All the very best!
>Terry
>

>--- Goddess <thefates@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>   Hi Terry, you really ought to take a little time
>> and at least give the manual a scan, since the plex
>> is an extremely deep box.   -especially with
>> loop IV, and using midi commands in the way that
>> you've started to do, a quick read might help out a
>> whole lot.

>Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
>http://calendar.yahoo.com

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.