Re: looping ambient

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 06:48 AM, Lance Chance wrote:

> this information has me idly wondering if anyone would be willing to
> trade an edp for a repeater.   i'm reluctant , however, because the
> repeater is out of production, and it does have some sweet functions.

Yeah, I had two Repeaters and decided to sell on to fund an EDP.
However, I ended up owing more tax than I thought so that, basically,
was the end of that.

I did have an EDP at one point, but it was extremely defective out of
the box.  Getting a replacement was going to be a problem at that point
so I went with the second Repeater.  When I was able to get the EDP to
work I did have one major issue with it: MONO.  I loop a lot of nice
synth patches that have really cool stereo components.  With a single
EDP all that is lost.  Not bad for live shows, but a shame in the
studio.

So...

While an EDP is surely in my future, it will only be when I can afford
a pair.  Many can bad mouth the Repeater, but I get a ton of looping
pleasure out of mine even though it's far from perfect.  When you
realize that it's a stereo looper for less than a single EDP it just
makes more sense if you need a stereo looper.  My advise is to keep the
Repeater and wait until you can have dual EDPs and a Repeater.

Mark Sottilaro