Re: looping ambient

From: "Mark Sottilaro"
>When you
> realize that it's a stereo looper for less than a single EDP it just
> makes more sense if you need a stereo looper.  My advise is to keep the
> Repeater and wait until you can have dual EDPs and a Repeater.

yeah, that's probably a good idea.  you know, i think that i'm finally
getting to a point in my gear development where i'm getting the whole
context thing, at last.   you can't help but notice that the edp and the
repeater are like the perfect matched pair.   one's a great leader, one's a
great follower; one has stereo capabilities, one is real smooth and solid.
it's like the work arounds with sync and signal flow that i was feeling
forced into actually suggest themselves naturally anyway.   smooth pad
loops
with sync and stereo would be great, but since so much of the content of my
pads are low end, it's just as good mono or post effected.  the repeater
can
handle percussive or strongly rhythmic signals just fine, so i can have
nice
stereo kit loops as well room for low end and mid range "lead" loops.
actually, i think that what i really want to do is get another edp, sync
them, and not use them in stereo but as separate signal generators for post
effect processing.   that way i could wash one out for my swirly pad track
and still have nice sparkly frippian response on the other; and still have
the whole repeater for everything else.   alas, with the birth of the first
child of my loins, i am no longer in the financial position to undertake
such a venture...

lance