Call for petition!) Re: MOTU's POLAR module

Hey, I don't think it would work the way you mentioned, but this is the
reply (very prompt!) I got from MOTU:

> Yep, I'd like to see this in POLAR too.
>
> If MAS allowed feedback loops inside the DP mixer, you could set up DP
> provide the feedback for you. Alas, this is not the case so a
> workaround for
> the time being would be to do the feedback in the analog realm.
>
> Use a mixer front end to control feedback into POLAR. Take the outputs
> from
> POLAR into the mixer along with your input and send the output of the
> mixer
> into a mult, splitter, or second set of mirrored outputs. One set of
> outputs
> is your monitor, the second set gets sent to the input of POLAR. Turn
> the
> input channel(s) from POLAR all the way down - this is your feedback
> control.
>
> Sorry this is not ideal, but it should work.

If I'm going to go through all that, I'll just use my Repeater.  Good
to put the bug in their ear though.  Maybe if enough of us ask for this
they'll listen?  Worth a try.  Send email to: suggestions@motu.com

Mark Sottilaro