Re: guitar synthesizers

At 7:09 PM -0700 6/13/03, Terry Blankenship wrote:

>I was curious if any has made a guitar synth that
>actually tracks well by now.

The Yamaha G50 (with neural net technology licensed from Blue Chip)
works well. The new Rolands are good, too (I have the GR-30). Also
from Roland, the V-guitar systems are great - not guitar synths in
the same sense (no MIDI conversion, for instance), but tracking isn't
an issue and the range of sounds is useful.

As to sounds, my favorite tone modules for MIDI guitar are the Yamaha
VL-70m and FS1R.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com