Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

>>>Are we talking about the same Fripp?

     Yes indeed, though you seem to carry a lot of bitterness after all
these years.  I'm truly
sorry to hear it.  I hope that somehow you were also able to carry some
good things away from your
time with him as well.  I currently am involved with many of the people
who were there with you at
that time and not one of them seems to carry such a heavy burden on their
shoulders.

<<<When I played with him he didn't have a drop of
compassion in him.

     ...that you could perceive.  I know more people who would agree with
you than who would agree
with me.  Does that make one view more valid than another?  I don't mean
to start a pissing
contest here.  I am no more right than you, nor are you more right than
me.  I know Robert to be
one of the most compassionate people I have ever met, and no I am not
starstruck.  That you know
him to be otherwise is your experience.  It is your truth.  Perhaps
hearing about an experience
that is different than your is beneficial, perhaps not.  I apologize if
offense is found in any of
my words.

     Actually, this started out as a conversation about Frippertronics and
Soundscaping.  I would
agree with previous posters that "A Blessing of Tears" is one of his most
approachable CD's of
Soundscaping, though for my money, "The Gates of Paradise" and
"Radiophonics" are the ones that I
can relate to the most.  Sometimes I find his Soundscaping to be lost
within the mires of
post-production, (show me someone who doesn't fall prey to that every once
in a while), yet for
the most part, they are among the most treasured CD's I own.

     With respect,

            Stephen