Re: midi clock issues

John Tidwell wrote:

> It sounds like you just need to change the 8th/cycle
> parameter. Check what the EDP is set at & double
> the number.
>
> John
>
> --- jimfowler <jimfowler@prodigy.net> wrote:
> > so i have my new elektron machinedrum sync'd to the
> > edp so that the loop
> > picks the tempo.  the problem is that the drum
> > machine is playing the beat
> > too slow (1/2 half tempo).  is there any way to
> > affect this from the
> > edp...effectively make it send clock that is half
> > the time as the actual
> > loop (loop is 4.0, clock sent needs to be 2.0...make
> > sense?) or will i need
> > to take this up with the drum machine.
> >
> > thanks, folks.
> >
> > -jim
> >

> =====
> John Tidwell

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

Actually, I've been having a lot of fun this week with the 8th/cylcle
setting and a drum machine.  I set up a short one bar loop.  The drum
machine (electribe ER-1) will play in time.  The I change the 8th cycle
setting to 16, same loop but now the drum machine is double time.  The I
change it to 4, now the drum machine is in half time.  It gets really
fun if you change to 6 or some other different meter because you get
various polyrhthms then.  This is really fun to do especially if your
soloing to change the feel of the music without changing the loop.

John
www.johnmazzarella.com