Drummers & Sych. Tempo w/loop -- WAS Re: Akai Heardush, (band looping, sit or stand, etc.)

Bill you're point about "being in motion" and grrrrroooving helping to make
accurately timed button presses is spot on.

With regard to drummers and fills I'd say actually, 99% of the drummers I
know have had to work very to:

1) ensure their fills don't get ahead of the beat -- seems fills can be
somewhat destabilizing for a myriad of reasons; and
2) just stop "filling" in the "change-space" so other players can make a
move.

Of course there are devices now you can get equipment with "beat detecting"
features to synch the midi up with the drummer which I'm guessing is a more
socially desirable was to go. :-)

I'm not certain, but I think the Electrix Repeater has this feature.

Has anyone on this list used "beat detection" on the Repeater and can let
us
know how well it works??

Thanks
David