Re: Drummers & Sych. Tempo w/loop -- WAS Re: Akai Heardush, (band looping, sit or stand, etc.)

When I was beta testing Repeater's 1.1 OS I put the beat detection to
it's test by feeding it the output from my drum machine which has a
nice big variable slider to change tempo.  The Repeater did a really
good job matching the tempo output even on beats with some fairly high
shuffle.  As long as you don't change the tempo too fast it seems to
chase it admirably.

However, that was the last time I used this function.  Why?  I don't
loop drum machine beats.  The Repeater will only beat sync to what's
going into it's inputs... so that means you're looping what it's synced
to.  I have had some tempo fun by letting it try and figure out the
tempo of my guitar playing.  Now that yielded some wacky results.

Hope this helps.

Mark Sottilaro