Re: Akai Heardush, (band looping, sit or stand, etc.)

--- John Tidwell <wedgehed@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure people were standing up to play
> > music and using guitars as
> > crotch extenders before MTV came along, but I was
> > very young then. I've seen pictures though.
>
> A timely comment as I've been enjoying the new Led
> Zeppelin DVDs over the past few days. Was Page the
> first guitar-slinger to wear it low or was he
> suffering from hendrix-envy?

I have it on good faith that the reason Page's strap appeared so long is
that
Jimmy is, in fact, only four feet tall. He bought the shortest strap he
could
find, but...well...you already noticed the results. The music industry just
doesn't accomodate people that aren't within the bell curve for height.

So, to get this closer to being on track for this list, didn't Page use
Echoplexes quite a bit?

Greg