Should a Boomerang Do This?

I was wondering if some of the more experienced Boomerang users could
verify
the following.

I recently received a brand new Boomerang.  I have no problem recording the
first loop.  The problem is when I want to add to it using the stack
footswitch.  The new material is added to the original but the volume of
the
original loop is reduced considerably.  It's reduced to the point of the
original loop becoming background sounds and the new material is the
primary.

Does this sound right?  Is there any way to keep the levels of the two
loops
the same?

A second questions has to do with the input level switch.  In the inst or
mic position, it's very quite but the line setting has hiss.  So much that
it makes the line setting unusable.  Is anyone else's like this?

Thanks for the help,
Leon