Re: essential loop recordings

For me, recordings of the 90s changed my thinking about looping more from the studio production standpoint than from the standpoint of improvised live performance.  At this time I am hard-pressed to name specific albums, though I'll try anyway:

Squarepusher - Feed Me Weird Things
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Goldbug - Ben Neill
Chemical Brothers (forgot the album title)
Entroducing - DJ Shadow
Meiso - DJ Krush

Those are the titles that jump off the top of my head.  Plus recordings and live performances I've heard from LaFosse, Torn, and other LD listers.

Paolo

Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:
So let's hear it. What were 5 albums from the 90's that you think
influenced looping? (or influenced you and your looping.) Can you say
something short about each one about what makes it essential listening for
loopers?

Do you Yahoo!?