Re: essential loop recordings

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 11:31  PM, Goddess wrote:
>   The First Day, and Damage.  as both of them demonstrate,  most
> amazing,
> and very tasteful imcorporation of ambient looping with rhythm,
> -looping in
> a live situation, and looping in context of song structure and vocals.

i would second Cara's motion regarding Damage, and add to it David
Torn's Tripping Over God. everytime i listen to that album i'm amazed
by it's confluence of ethnic feels (blues and arabic come to mind)
tempered by truly visceral (yet brainy) fuzz guitar.

as far as a review, i should ask my friend Nathan to submit one ... he
was profoundly affected by that recording.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com